Tuesday, May 31, 2011

AEA Resources

 Image used with permission from http://auth.grolier.com
While taking a look at all the different resources that AEA will have available for teachers in the coming school year, one stuck out at me as something that could work very well within my classroom. BookFlix is being offered by AEA for the next school year. BookFlix pairs up fictional video storybooks with nonfiction ebooks. This service helps to reinforce reading skills and help students to develop real-world knowledge and understanding.
 
I can see how beneficial BookFlix would be within my classroom. It would be a great resource to use to help student not only get motivated to read, but also to help them relate what they’ve read to real life situations. I think BookFlix would be a great addition to my classroom because of the variety of ways I could use it. I would be able to use it for whole group lessons by projecting it from the projector. Also, I would be able to use it for small group and individual lessons by having students access it from a computer while I am working with other students on other skills.

I cannot wait to play around with this new service and watch my students enjoy it as well!

For more information about BookFlix go to -BookFlix

No comments:

Post a Comment