Sunday, June 12, 2011

New Classroom Technology

This class has opened my eyes to numerous technological tools and functions that I can use in my classroom. Prior to this class, I had heard about the world of blogging, but had never experienced a blog of my own before. This class forced me to get out of my technology comfort zone and open a blog and twitter account.

Now that I have been blogging for a few weeks now, I see how I could use the blog within my classroom in a variety of ways. One way I could use a blog in my classroom is to communicate more efficiently with parents. I could use my blog to share what we are doing in the classroom, what we are learning, upcoming events, and I could even have students reflect on what they had learned that week to share with their parents. Another way I could use a blog in my classroom is to communicate with my students. We could discuss books we are reading in class, something we learned in a subject at school, or even have students take turns writing a discussion question that the other students would respond.

I look forward to integrating the world of blogging into my classroom in the future.

Image used with permission from http://techsharing.net

No comments:

Post a Comment